A unique Winter adventure
Just minutes from the busy, bustling downtown core of the city you’ll find the Toronto Islands–a five-kilometre oasis of 15 interconnected islands that locals have been escaping to for fun, relaxation and tranquility for over 200 years.
The Islands are a popular destination during the spring and summer months, but are largely forgotten by locals and visitors during the fall and winter – a great time to experience the serenity of the Islands in a way that very few locals do!
You’ll explore the beauty of the islands, the history and attractions, a quaint cottage enclave which is one of the largest car-free communities in North America, and stunning views of the Toronto skyline.
Worried about riding in Toronto in the Winter? Don’t believe the rumours. During winter Toronto is anything but the North Pole. In fact, the average day-time temperature is warmer than many think, and paths and roadways are usually snow-free and dry. We provide cycling blankets (ponchos) and gloves to keep you warm. All of this means wintertime is a wonderful time to take our Islands Bike Tour!
- A short ferry ride across the harbour
- Explore the largest car-free community in North America
- Visit historic landmarks such as the Gibraltar Point Lighthouse and the Royal Canadian Yacht Club
- Beautiful scenery: parks, charming cottages, boardwalk, beaches, pier and Lake Ontario
- Intriguing stories about the people and events from the islands’ remarkable history
- Stunning views of the City’s skyline