A unique Winter adventure
Just minutes from the busy, bustling downtown core of the city you’ll find the Toronto Islands–a five-kilometre oasis of 15 interconnected islands that locals have been escaping to for fun, relaxation and tranquility for over 200 years.
The Islands are a popular destination during the spring and summer months, but are largely forgotten by locals and visitors during the fall and winter – a great time to experience the serenity of the Islands in a way that very few locals do!
You’ll explore the beauty of the islands, the history and attractions, a quaint cottage enclave which is one of the largest car-free communities in North America, and stunning views of the Toronto skyline.
Worried about riding in Toronto in the Winter? Don’t believe the rumours. During winter Toronto is anything but the North Pole. In fact, the average day-time temperature is warmer than many think, and paths and roadways are usually snow-free and dry. We provide cycling blankets (ponchos) and gloves to keep you warm. All of this means wintertime is a wonderful time to take our Islands Bike Tour!
- A short ferry ride across the harbour
- Explore the largest car-free community in North America
- Visit historic landmarks such as the Gibraltar Point Lighthouse and the Royal Canadian Yacht Club
- Beautiful scenery: parks, charming cottages, boardwalk, beaches, pier and Lake Ontario
- Intriguing stories about the people and events from the islands’ remarkable history
- Stunning views of the City’s skyline
When you book this bike tour you’ll also get 15-20% discounts to other great Toronto attractions that you can visit before or after your tour.
|Meeting Place||Near Dundas & University|
|Price (age 12+)||$80/person + 13% taxes (Canadian Dollars)|
|Child Pricing||age 8-11: $65.50, age 5-7: $51, age 1-4: $17.50|
Past Riders Reminisce
"The tour is singular! It is a great experience to do with friends or family all year around. The sites on the island are beautiful and serene. Bicycling around is a fun and different way to see and learn about the island."Rita - Toronto, Canada
"I truly enjoyed this bike tour to the Toronto Islands! The tour guides were amazing, very friendly, and very knowledgeable of the island and city. They provided all of the winter gear that I needed to stay warm on this cold winter day. The Toronto islands are beautiful and definitely worth a visit."Caroline - Washington, DC, USA
"The highlight of our trip to Toronto, definitely recommend the islands tour to anyone who wants to see a different view of the City."KatieM023 - Belfast, United Kingdom
"Mina was an amazing tour guide! She had tons of fun facts and stories about the city and islands to share. The bikes were super nice and we enjoyed the combination of city and trail biking. Would absolutely recommend this as fun way to get outside in the winter in Toronto!"Briana - Indianapolis, IN, USA
A Few Need-to-Knows
- Price of bike tour includes: use of a bicycle with helmet, water, snacks, ferry ticket, winter cycling poncho, gloves, hand warmers and tour guide(s). Children are welcome when accompanied by a parent/guardian. Reservations required.
- Booking for one person? Great – we love solo travellers! Please note we require two or more participants to run a tour. If you are the only one booked the day before a tour, we may ask you to move to a different tour or give you a full refund.
- Your safety: We take safety very seriously. All of our tours have been specifically designed to take place on quiet streets, park paths and bike lanes. We also provide safety instructions before each tour. Please note: the wearing of a helmet is mandatory.
- Private tour option: This tour is also available as a private tour if you prefer.
- Special discounts: When you register for this bike tour you automatically receive discounted admissions to other great Toronto attractions that you can visit before or after your tour.