Bike Mechanics (Part-time)
At Toronto Bicycle Tours & Events we run a year-round bicycle tour, event and rental service for visitors from around the world.
We are the friendly guides to those exploring Toronto. Whether they are first time visitors, returning guests, or even long-time residents, we seek to connect our customers to the city, and to each other. Our love of meaningful experiences links us together, and encourages our guests to lose themselves in the story of Toronto, and in doing so, add their own unique experiences to the life of this great city
We are looking for skilled, reliable and personable mechanics to keep our fleet of city bikes and kids bikes in top shape for our tour guests and rental customers.
As Mechanic, your responsibilities would include:
- Inspect, repair and service our fleet bikes
- Make requests for additional parts/supplies
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Assist with daily rental operations where required (fitting and dispatching bike rental customers)
The job begins in April, and is part time – up to 20-25 hrs/week in our peak season (April – October). Our shop is located in downtown Toronto (275 Dundas St West). We realize people have other jobs and commitments and try to accommodate requested schedules for our mechanics.
As our ideal candidate, you will…
- Have 2+ years experience in a high volume bike shop and a good knowledge of various bicycle components (drivetrains, disc brakes, wheel truing, complete bike disassembly and rebuild), service tools and machinery
- Be a fantastic communicator. Our mechanic works together with other members of the staff team. It is imperative that everyone is involved and informed when making important decisions about daily operations, and day to day issues
- Be reliable, responsible, committed and driven
- Be incredibly organized. There is a lot going on in the shop every day. We need someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, can multitask & prioritize, follow through thoroughly with tasks with little supervision, and has a high standard of quality in all that they do
- Be patient, honest and compassionate. You will be working with others and interacting with coworkers and customers in our small space
- Be passionate about bikes – riding them and fixing them
How to Apply
Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.