Bicycle Camp Counsellor
Part-time Contract (typically 20 hrs/week): July & August, 2020, with training (part-time) in June
This position requires candidates who are completely fluent in French.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Cycling through the City
Our French Immersion Cycling camp hosts weekday afternoon (3 hour) camps through July & August for children aged 8-12. Each afternoon we will explore a different part of the city by bicycle. Over the course of the camp the campers will gain a great appreciation for the diversity of the cityscape, and they will also learn more about Toronto’s culture and history. We will ride at a safe, leisurely pace, and we will stop at some special shops for a mid afternoon treat like chocolate or ice cream
As one of our Bike Camp Counsellors, you will provide a safe and memorable experience for our campers as you lead them around Toronto and inspire them to see their city in a new light. You and another counsellor will be responsible for a group of up to twelve campers at a time.
You know how to tell stories with more than just flash and energy – you’re genuinely interested in people, and your stories create a connection, and encourage your campers to weave their own stories with yours.
You will be directly responsible for the safety and enjoyment of your campers, so knowledge of safe riding practices and experience riding in Toronto is essential. You’ll lead rides on and off the beaten path, from the most popular landmarks and tourist spots to Toronto’s hidden neighbourhoods, parks, and locales.
Our counsellors come from a variety of backgrounds, but they all have previous experience working with children, love the outdoors, live in (and love) Toronto, and are comfortable leading and engaging young people. Maybe you love to talk about urban affairs, or you relish the opportunity to tell a great story, or you love taking care of people, or you just love cycling and believe that the best way to get to know your city is on two wheels.
Either way, if you are driven by your love of your city, and your desire to show others why Toronto is great, then we want to talk to you! Or if you know someone who’d consider this their dream job – do them a favor and pass it along!
What we’re looking for
On a practical level, we need caring, personable, and responsible guides who have/are:
- Completely fluent in French
- Previous experience working with children aged 8-12 as camp counsellor, teacher, childcare, or in a related field
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to campers and patient when instructing
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor
- Experience riding a bicycle in an urban environment, and live in Toronto today
- An ability to lead, organize, and engage groups of children of diverse backgrounds
- Interest in history and current affairs
- An ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Strict adherence to camp & company philosophy, standards, and goals
- Available to work weekday afternoons
- Need to be able to pass a background check
Working @ Toronto Bicycle Tours
This part-time position is in July & August, 2020, with training (part-time) in June.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.